XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Error importing vhd or VM

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    48 Posts 6 Posters 19.6k Views 5 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • GheppyG
      Gheppy
      last edited by

      I tested all day, on several VMs with XOCE, I installed one from scratch. if I put the mentioned commit the problem disappears.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by

        Adding @julien-f in the loop, since it's like there's a specific commit causing problems, but I'm not sure we managed to reproduce last time 🤔

        Maybe a rebuild wasn't truly done? Can you try after wiping the previous install?

        GheppyG 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • GheppyG
          Gheppy @olivierlambert
          last edited by Gheppy

          @olivierlambert
          I reinstalled XOCE from scratch. Starting with SO. Same result.
          I also tested on a mini lab that is on another network where there are only the server and a computer

          SO = Ubuntu server 22.04.01
          XOCE is reinstalled by hand following steps from the documentation, I don't use auto-scripts

          julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            @florent is AFK this week, I can escalate to @julien-f if we got a ticket from XOA users to raise the priority.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • julien-fJ
              julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @Gheppy
              last edited by

              @Gheppy If by any chance you have time tot test with the REST API (https://xen-orchestra.com/docs/restapi.html#vdi-import), let me know the result 🙂

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by

                Good idea, indeed 🙂

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • GheppyG
                  Gheppy
                  last edited by Gheppy

                  I get this
                  IP in the photo is from XOCE commit 675405f7ace55411b1ca0bbed8b9e31504fcc387

                  9cc4b4ea-affa-4601-9484-c6127adda820-image.png

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO
                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                    last edited by

                    Can you check the VHD with vhdiinfo my.vhd

                    GheppyG 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • GheppyG
                      Gheppy @olivierlambert
                      last edited by

                      @olivierlambert

                      2b75e292-fafe-4b9a-b1b9-4885a4a0247a-image.png

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olivierlambertO
                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                        last edited by

                        Could you import this VHD with xe directly from the host? (this would tell if it's a VHD issue or XO issue).

                        xe vdi-import

                        GheppyG 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • GheppyG
                          Gheppy @olivierlambert
                          last edited by

                          @olivierlambert
                          steps are?

                          1. copy vhd to Xen local disk
                          2. run command
                            xe vdi-imporrt "name".vhd
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • olivierlambertO
                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                            last edited by

                            xe vdi-import uuid=uuid_of_vdi filename=filename_to_import_from --progress
                            
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • GheppyG
                              Gheppy
                              last edited by

                              import is ok
                              9db9f4be-a970-4e89-b800-8ff6353c534b-image.png

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 1
                              • olivierlambertO
                                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                last edited by

                                Good, then it's maybe your XO build. Could you try on a fresh XOA fully up to date on latest?

                                GheppyG 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • GheppyG
                                  Gheppy @olivierlambert
                                  last edited by

                                  @olivierlambert
                                  XOA or XO form source ?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • olivierlambertO
                                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                    last edited by olivierlambert

                                    I specifically said "XOA", so it's XOA 😉 There's no "latest" on XO from the sources.

                                    GheppyG 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • GheppyG
                                      Gheppy @olivierlambert
                                      last edited by

                                      @olivierlambert
                                      For this I need to do a little more work, it gives the same error on import for xoa_unified.xva.
                                      I'm going to bring the XOCE to a working version so I can import the xva

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olivierlambertO
                                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                        last edited by

                                        You can deploy XOA without XO. See https://xen-orchestra.com/#!/xoa for example.

                                        GheppyG 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • GheppyG
                                          Gheppy @olivierlambert
                                          last edited by

                                          @olivierlambert
                                          I have no internet for this network

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olivierlambertO
                                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                            last edited by

                                            Then use xe CLI to import manually the XVA. But you'll need to update XOA with an internet access, in order to be on latest version.

                                            GheppyG 1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post