XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    XCP-ng 8.3 betas and RCs feedback 🚀

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved News
    792 Posts 89 Posters 2.8m Views 70 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • R
      r0ssar00 @stormi
      last edited by

      @stormi I found that the interface-rename script broke with this update due to changes in python, specifically the line where the script concats two dict.keys(): the keys() method signature changed to return dict_keys, which doesn't have the add (or w/e it's named) method, so "a.keys()+b.keys()" fails now. I had to hand-edit the script to get it working, the fix is trivial: concat lists of keys rather than the keys directly.

      fohdeeshaF 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by

        Thanks for your feedback @r0ssar00 , pinging @stormi and @yann

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • fohdeeshaF
          fohdeesha Vates 🪐 Pro Support Team @r0ssar00
          last edited by

          @r0ssar00 hi, that issue would arise if you ran this script with python3, but it's interpreter is set as /usr/bin/python - How did you call this script, did you manually call it with python3? It should be ran by just running the command on the CLI eg interface-rename

          R 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • R
            ravenet @stormi
            last edited by

            @stormi
            Updated ryzen 1700 late last week, and Threadripper 5975 and Epyc 7313p servers. No issues so far.
            Installing fresh on epyc 9224 this week

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 1
            • P
              ph7 @ph7
              last edited by

              @ph7 said in XCP-ng 8.3 beta 🚀:

              @stormi
              I can not see anything under Network throughput in XO-lite

              edit:
              When I hover I can see the numbers but no graph

              I updated to latest version
              Same again, no graphs

              stormiS 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • stormiS
                stormi Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team @ph7
                last edited by

                @ph7 You seem to be the only one with this issue remaining. Maybe try a reinstall?

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • H
                  Houbsi
                  last edited by

                  Hi there,

                  i was wondering for the install Image via ipxe, will there be something? I have it, that currently it only works with Legacy Bios and not the UEFI one.

                  stormiS 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • stormiS
                    stormi Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team @Houbsi
                    last edited by

                    @Houbsi The best we can do with ipxe is chaining to grub, because ipxe doesn't support multiboot2 in EFI mode.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • S
                      Strebor
                      last edited by

                      I updated a test pool with 2 Intel NUC11TNHi5 hosts last week.
                      The updates went smooth. No issues after reboot.

                      Can't wait till 8.3 goes live!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • R
                        r0ssar00 @fohdeesha
                        last edited by

                        @fohdeesha I just did a reinstall of the interface-rename package to make sure I hadn't changed the shebang in the past, the reinstalled copy declares python3

                        N 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1
                        • N
                          NoHeadroom @r0ssar00
                          last edited by

                          @r0ssar00

                          I've notice the same python3 glitch.
                          You could manually amend /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/interface-rename-data/static-rules.conf if that's an option for you.

                          stormiS 2 Replies Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • stormiS
                            stormi Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team @NoHeadroom
                            last edited by stormi

                            @r0ssar00 @NoHeadroom Thanks for the feedback. You're both right, there's an issue. We will fix it ASAP.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 2
                            • stormiS
                              stormi Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team
                              last edited by stormi

                              I just pushed a few updates. Nothing worth mentioning, just a few minor fixes before the RC. The update might look big because XAPI was rebuilt, so many packages generated by this build are updated.

                              The interface-rename fix is to follow next, when it's ready.

                              M gskgerG P 3 Replies Last reply
                              Reply Quote 1
                              • M
                                manilx @stormi
                                last edited by

                                @stormi updated 2 hosts (2 pools) and rebooted. No issues.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 1
                                • stormiS
                                  stormi Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team @NoHeadroom
                                  last edited by

                                  @NoHeadroom said in XCP-ng 8.3 beta 🚀:

                                  @r0ssar00

                                  I've notice the same python3 glitch.
                                  You could manually amend /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/interface-rename-data/static-rules.conf if that's an option for you.

                                  Better avoid this kind of change to a file that was generated by the installer and is not meant to be touched.

                                  Anyway, I've pushed the fixed interface-rename to the xcp-ng-base repository. Just update, and this will be fixed.

                                  N 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • gskgerG
                                    gskger Top contributor @stormi
                                    last edited by

                                    @stormi Update of my XCP-ng 8.3 test server through CLI (yum update) and rebooted. All VMs work as expected.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • P
                                      ph7 @stormi
                                      last edited by

                                      @stormi
                                      I ran the updates and now my graphs in XO-lite are back.
                                      weird

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • N
                                        NoHeadroom @stormi
                                        last edited by

                                        @stormi said in XCP-ng 8.3 beta 🚀:

                                        Better avoid this kind of change to a file that was generated by the installer and is not meant to be touched.

                                        Anyway, I've pushed the fixed interface-rename to the xcp-ng-base repository. Just update, and this will be fixed.

                                        Thanks for the quick fix and the hard work getting 8.3 to production.

                                        Anyway, it's better to have an option b) if option a) fails 👼

                                        stormiS 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • stormiS
                                          stormi Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team @NoHeadroom
                                          last edited by

                                          @NoHeadroom said in XCP-ng 8.3 betas and RCs feedback 🚀:

                                          Anyway, it's better to have an option b) if option a) fails 👼

                                          As you wish, but I won't support option b) in any case, so I prefer to mention it 🙂

                                          A 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 1
                                          • exeticoE
                                            exetico
                                            last edited by exetico

                                            I'm excited about the 8.3 production release. With that said, I joined XCP-ng with the 8.3 release, and it has been rock solid. I mean, there has been a few bugs, but nothing impacting the stability.

                                            I also faced problems with controlling power-state of my VMs (reboot) yesterday, but after installing the latest patches to my host (through XO), and rebooted the host, things worked again, as expected.

                                            @stormi said in XCP-ng 8.3 betas and RCs feedback 🚀:

                                            Reboot after update

                                            😄 ...

                                            ❓ Question : What's the "upgrade path" for us starting on 8.3 alpha. Is it just a question about updating the system, and nothing else?
                                            Or, should I plan some kind of operation, so I can "switch" to a stable 8.3 release at some time? Like switching from unstable to a stable branch in Manjaro. Maybe it should make sense to include something about that, in a upcoming final release for 8.3. I bet other people with a r8125 NIC also jumped directly on 8.3 alpha, due to the build-in support for that NIC.

                                            Just a notice for the "newbies" like myself 🎒 :
                                            Remember to update your Xen Orchestra from time to time. I can't really explain why, but I've not thought about that at all. So yesterday I updated from a march 2023 commit, to the most recent one. Not much was changed, but I guess some kind of incompatibilities could be expected, after more than one year without a single update of Xen Orchestra 😆.

                                            M stormiS 2 Replies Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post