XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    XOA deploy error

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Xen Orchestra
    xoadeployerrorxcp-ng 8.3
    28 Posts 7 Posters 18.3k Views 7 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • olivierlambertO
      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
      last edited by

      Hi,

      Can you try to deploy with the bash script?

      F 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • F
        fatek @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert bash script was okay, no errors!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • K
          kbsp @fatek
          last edited by

          @fatek I'm getting the same error. It's "INVALID_VALUE" for anyone searching the forum.

          Trying to deploy via https://vates.tech/deploy/ I get another error, just two curly brackets: "{}"

          I'll try the shell script, but I hope the web deploy options get fixed soon. I really appreciated how simple it was to deploy XOA on XCP-ng 8.2

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            No worries, we'll investigate ASAP!

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              @julien-f can you handle this for me?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by

                @kbsp @fatek can you give a more precise context? When this fails exactly? Do you have specific browser traces in dev tools?

                K 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • olivierlambertO
                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                  last edited by olivierlambert

                  I cannot reproduce on my lab, will check if I can trigger the issue elsewhere.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • S
                    stefanflegg
                    last edited by

                    I experienced the same issue just now. Fresh install of 8.3 RC2 followed by XOA install from XO-LITE and got the same INVALID_VALUE error.

                    Tried from the Vates deploy site and got the same {} error.

                    Tried via bash script and XOA deployed successfully.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • K
                      kbsp @olivierlambert
                      last edited by

                      @olivierlambert

                      Deployment via vates.tech:

                      Payload:

                      {
                          "jsonrpc": "2.0",
                          "method": "VM.import",
                          "params": [
                              "OpaqueRef:ffc7769e-7f87-1cd4-d663-e0708c8668f1",
                              "http://xoa.io/xva",
                              "OpaqueRef:c4654571-863f-6eb2-f015-9055e29ecb98",
                              false,
                              false
                          ],
                          "id": 1
                      }
                      

                      Response:

                      {
                          "jsonrpc": "2.0",
                          "error": {
                              "code": 1,
                              "message": "INVALID_VALUE",
                              "data": [
                                  "bridge",
                                  "xapi1"
                              ]
                          },
                          "id": 1
                      }
                      

                      After this I see an exclamation point in a red circle and an error message that's just {}. Other jsonrpc payloads seem to work. I can see my networks and datastores just fine.

                      Deployment via XO Lite

                      Payload:

                      {
                          "jsonrpc": "2.0",
                          "id": 20,
                          "method": "VM.import",
                          "params": [
                              "OpaqueRef:a364cc08-dda6-f218-bd51-4956b4f18477",
                              "http://xoa.io:8888/",
                              "OpaqueRef:c4654571-863f-6eb2-f015-9055e29ecb98",
                              false,
                              false
                          ]
                      }
                      

                      Response:

                      {
                          "jsonrpc": "2.0",
                          "error": {
                              "code": 1,
                              "message": "INVALID_VALUE",
                              "data": [
                                  "bridge",
                                  "xapi1"
                              ]
                          },
                          "id": 20
                      }
                      

                      After this I see the error message that @fatek posted a screenshot of.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olivierlambertO
                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                        last edited by

                        That's interesting, can you check the /var/log/xensource.log file?

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • olivierlambertO
                          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                          last edited by

                          I think I have lead, it's not due to the deploy script, but the XVA itself. Stay tuned.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 1
                          • nathanael-hN
                            nathanael-h Vates 🪐 DevOps Team
                            last edited by

                            Hello @kbsp @stefanflegg and @fatek, a new XOA image has just been uploaded. Can you test it and keep us posted?

                            K 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 1
                            • K
                              kbsp @nathanael-h
                              last edited by

                              @nathanael-h Deployment via vates.tech was successful!

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 1
                              • F
                                fatek
                                last edited by

                                Thank you, I am now able to deploy XOA!

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 1
                                • olivierlambertO
                                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                  last edited by

                                  Great news 🙂 Thanks for reporting the issue, it was rather subtle.

                                  F 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • F
                                    fatek @olivierlambert
                                    last edited by

                                    @olivierlambert said in XOA deploy error:

                                    Great news 🙂 Thanks for reporting the issue, it was rather subtle.

                                    Do I get a prize for that? maybe some ice crea or candy? 😀

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • N
                                      newbie2xcp
                                      last edited by newbie2xcp

                                      I just installed 3 fresh nodes of 8.2.1 and could not deploy via vates or via script, I then installed 8.3 rc2 and neither are working. 3 days ago, I was able to use script to install XOA and today no luck. I have tried with and without DHCP. Attaching log from rc2.xoa log.txt

                                      8.2.1
                                      467ae45d-c78e-477e-bfe3-37cb31fefd83-image.png

                                      8.3
                                      311eefcd-538d-41ea-9927-3e672b7d9aaa-image.png

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olivierlambertO
                                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                        last edited by

                                        Please try to deploy with the bash script and report if you have a more details error (otherwise it should be displayed inside the /var/log/xensource.log)

                                        N 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • N
                                          newbie2xcp @olivierlambert
                                          last edited by

                                          @olivierlambert I did this, log is attached original message above
                                          .

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olivierlambertO
                                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                            last edited by

                                            Sorry missed it. So "IMPORT_ERROR_PREMATURE_EOF" means something stopped the download before it was finished.

                                            You can try to download XOA first, then use the deploy script locally to see if it's better. Follow this: https://xen-orchestra.com/docs/airgap.html#deploy-your-air-gap-xoa

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post