XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    File Restore Not working, little red triangle

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    23 Posts 3 Posters 10.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • R
      Rocky @Danp
      last edited by

      @Danp I wasn't seeing how to register on the old one to enable search

      DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • DanpD
        Danp Pro Support Team @Rocky
        last edited by

        @Rocky Registration is disabled, but I fixed it so that you can search as a guest

        R 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • R
          Rocky @Danp
          last edited by

          @Danp thanks, i'll get reading ...

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • R
            Rocky @Rocky
            last edited by

            @Rocky going to deploy XOA again .. I think the first time I got an error on one screen and then a smaller screen popped up idk .. i mean it worked for the most part the first time just couldn't register... but I'm trying again as I would love to test this is XOA.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • R
              Rocky @Rocky
              last edited by Rocky

              @Rocky I deployed again, and still no luck at registering the XOA for the backup feature trial.

              9/29/2020, 2:56:34 PM: unknown error from the peer
              
              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • R
                Rocky @olivierlambert
                last edited by Rocky

                @olivierlambert XOA registration worked for me now, idk why it didn't before 🤷

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • R
                  Rocky @olivierlambert
                  last edited by

                  @olivierlambert I can now confirm that this works fine from XOA but not for me when with XO from the sources. Any ideas about what could be wrong with my environment?

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • DanpD
                    Danp Pro Support Team @Rocky
                    last edited by

                    @Rocky said in File Restore Not working, little red triangle:

                    unknown filesystem type 'ntfs'

                    What process did you use to build your VM? Did you install the nfs-common library?

                    R 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • R
                      Rocky @Danp
                      last edited by Rocky

                      @Danp I have a VM with Debian and I used the Jarli01 install script. how do I check for the nfs-common library? NFS is working, the backup repository is connected via NFS to XO.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • DanpD
                        Danp Pro Support Team
                        last edited by

                        Ok, then you should be fine since that library is installed to the script automatically. I just saw the reference to NTFS and remembered about that library.

                        One thing you could try is building the VM with Ubuntu instead of Debian.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • R
                          Rocky
                          last edited by Rocky

                          So in the end I did get this working and the solution was simple, sadly so ...

                          apt-get install ntfs-3g
                          

                          But a fix is a fix, wish I would have realized this was needed sooner. Posting here to hopefully help out someone in the future.

                          R 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • R
                            Rocky @Rocky
                            last edited by

                            @Rocky special note, sometimes i get the little red triangle still, but if I click again on the partition it works.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • BrantleyHobbsB BrantleyHobbs referenced this topic on
                            • JamfoFLJ JamfoFL referenced this topic on

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            • First post
                              Last post