XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Xen Orchestra Lite

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved XO Lite
    71 Posts 22 Posters 83.3k Views 22 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • olivierlambertO
      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
      last edited by

      Yes, Xen API (XAPI) is returning IP addresses only.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 1
      • B
        bogdantomasciuc
        last edited by

        Indeed, @olivierlambert, that was the issue and it works now. So for whoever has the same issue. First go to the local IP address of the host (NOT to the domain name), accept the certificate and then go to /xolite.html and it will work both with the ip address and the domain name in the address field.
        Thanx again for clearing things up!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • P
          pnunn
          last edited by

          Hi Guys.

          Just a note for dumb bums like me... I tried out XO Lite (coming along nicely) but it took be a bit to work out that it needed to be installed on the pool master.

          I put it onto one of the slaves, and tried to log in, but got no feedback at all, just nothing changed.

          I eventually looked in the xo logs and found it was complaining about being on the slave not the master.. duh.. when you think about it.. but some feedback in the gui would help 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            That will be easier when it will be released officially, meaning bundled directly inside all hosts. So the slave will redirect you to the master.

            M 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              markxc @olivierlambert
              last edited by

              @olivierlambert

              nice tool 🙂 will there be an option to disable remote google font integration because of GDRP?

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • olivierlambertO
                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                last edited by

                We could probably host the font on our side directly, let me check that internally 🙂

                ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ForzaF
                  Forza @olivierlambert
                  last edited by

                  This post is deleted!
                  K 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • K
                    krakers @Forza
                    last edited by

                    @Forza said in Xen Orchestra Lite:

                    I tried this, but I just get a 403 forbidden, trying to access the pool master from the browser. Do I need to start a webserver or something to get this going?

                    Use https://
                    I struggled with the same 🙂

                    ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1
                    • ForzaF
                      Forza @krakers
                      last edited by

                      @krakers Thanks. I realised this eventually 😃

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • ajpri1998A
                        ajpri1998
                        last edited by

                        I've noticed that the UI defaults to French. After signing in, I can change the language to English. Can we get an option for default language or change the language on the login screen?

                        Great work so far!

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • olivierlambertO
                          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                          last edited by

                          Is your browser in French? But yes, we can probably store a local cookie on your preferred language 🙂 Adding @pdonias to this.

                          pdoniasP 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • pdoniasP
                            pdonias Vates 🪐 XO Team @olivierlambert
                            last edited by

                            @olivierlambert Yes, we'll store it in a cookie eventually. In the meantime, I'm changing the default language to English as it was probably a mistake to set it to French in the first place 🙂

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • olivierlambertO
                              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                              last edited by olivierlambert

                              haha indeed it's a mistake, I thought it was because my browser is in French 😆

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M Mandrake0 referenced this topic on
                              • L
                                luca steinke
                                last edited by

                                Will it be possible to log in to XOLite via XOA local users at some point or will only root/admin be supported?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • olivierlambertO
                                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                  last edited by

                                  XO Lite is talking to XAPI directly, so it's not related to XO users. But I'm not sure to understand what do you need exactly? 🤔

                                  L 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • L
                                    luca steinke @olivierlambert
                                    last edited by

                                    @olivierlambert well when XOA is down and we need to restart it, it'd be nice if we could log in with another user. Is there any way to create XAPI users which can use XOLite then?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • olivierlambertO
                                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                      last edited by

                                      I suppose you might create another PAM user (so system user) but I never tried myself 🤔 Feel free to experiment and keep me posted 🙂

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • A
                                        alisonD
                                        last edited by

                                        Good day, I am not sure if it's worth upping back this old thread, however I find myself in a cumbersome situation.
                                        I have recently acquired a Protectly device, VP46**, and this device seems to be playing nice with XCP-NG, but with the latest version which is an alpha version - for Intel drivers.
                                        This alpha comes with the latest version of XOA lite which is ... well as indicated above, kind of alpha as well.
                                        Is there a way to have a functional XOA - let alone lite - to be able to create VM ?
                                        Oh and unfortunately yes, I am using Firefox. Thank you !

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • olivierlambertO
                                          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                          last edited by

                                          You can run XOA running on your XCP-ng host without issue. XO Lite VM creation is planned but for later.

                                          A 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • A
                                            alisonD @olivierlambert
                                            last edited by

                                            @olivierlambert Thank you, so your go-to suggestion is to create a VM through CLI and setup XOA there ? Or there is something I missed in the setup ? I simply connected via the browser to the XCP-NG instance, via Firefox, and only got the lite alpha version.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post