XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Backup jobs started to fail after last XOA update

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    13 Posts 4 Posters 3.1k Views 4 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • olivierlambertO
      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
      last edited by olivierlambert

      Hi,

      Are you using XO from the sources or XOA?

      edit: it seems to be XOA, missed that later in your post 😄

      Does it ring bell @julien-f ?

      ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • ForzaF
        Forza @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert said in Backup jobs started to fail after last XOA update:

        Indeed, I use XOA with Enterprise license 🙂

        julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • olivierlambertO
          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
          last edited by

          In this case, it's better to create support tickets than use the forum, this way your issue can be treated in priority 🙂

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • julien-fJ
            julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @Forza
            last edited by

            @Forza This is perfectly normal, XO is using HTTPS to connect to hosts by default for many years, and if you are not using an HTTPS certificate trusted by common authorities, you need to enable this setting.

            ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • ForzaF
              Forza @julien-f
              last edited by

              @julien-f said in Backup jobs started to fail after last XOA update:

              @Forza This is perfectly normal, XO is using HTTPS to connect to hosts by default for many years, and if you are not using an HTTPS certificate trusted by common authorities, you need to enable this setting.

              I know https:// is default, but I remeber we could enable http:// to improve backup and migration performance. Is not possible any more?

              julien-fJ S 2 Replies Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • julien-fJ
                julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @Forza
                last edited by

                @Forza Yes, it's possible, simply prefix your host address by http:// in Settings/Servers.

                If that does not work, open a support ticket and a tunnel and I'll investigate 🙂

                ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ForzaF
                  Forza @julien-f
                  last edited by

                  @julien-f said in Backup jobs started to fail after last XOA update:

                  @Forza Yes, it's possible, simply prefix your host address by http:// in Settings/Servers.

                  If that does not work, open a support ticket and a tunnel and I'll investigate 🙂

                  This is why I was surprised. I have been using http:// for a long time now. But since I changed the "Unauthorized Certificates" it started to work again.

                  a1a1da48-2962-4324-af64-3c72e01846bf-image.png

                  If you think it is important, I can open a tunnel for you to look?

                  julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • S
                    sluflyer06 @Forza
                    last edited by

                    @Forza Wow, I just tried that out and backup speed increased by 48%.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1
                    • julien-fJ
                      julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @Forza
                      last edited by

                      @Forza Yes please 🙂

                      @sluflyer06 We are currently investigating this, whether the perf issue comes from XO or XCP-ng.

                      julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • julien-fJ
                        julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @julien-f
                        last edited by

                        For anyone interested:

                        Okay, after investigation, it appears that when the pool master is an HTTP request for exporting a VDI on another host (for instance because the VDI is on a local SR), it explicitly specify HTTPS in the new URL.

                        I'm not sure it's a good idea to ignore this as I'm afraid it may cause issues in the future.

                        Anyway XO behavior has not changed recently as it comes from the host.

                        We are currently investing the perf impact of HTTPS and hopefully we'll find a way to improve it.

                        ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • ForzaF
                          Forza @julien-f
                          last edited by

                          @julien-f Would it help if I add the pool member to the "Servers" list as http:// ?
                          fc20be5f-58b1-4320-a0c9-fd21410988ae-image.png

                          julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • julien-fJ
                            julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @Forza
                            last edited by

                            @Forza No, it's not possible to add multiple hosts of the same pool to XO.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            • First post
                              Last post