XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    EOL: XCP-ng Center has come to an end (New Maintainer!)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved News
    98 Posts 35 Posters 87.7k Views 34 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M
      manilx @errellion
      last edited by

      @errellion I have excatly the same issue. The only thing keeping me from moving the VM's from proxmox to xcpng.....
      The CLI way is so convoluted.....

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by

        The CLI to make USB passthrough is too complex, is that your issue?

        M 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          manilx @olivierlambert
          last edited by manilx

          @olivierlambert Definitely. Following the docs one gets there but it's so cumbersome (and if a USB device is not recognized and one has to change the profile is one more step). When one is used to do this with proxmox.....
          And if one then wants to migrate the VM to another host on proxmox I just dettach the USB, migrate and reattach (in the config I mean). Going via CLI on xcp-ng to do this, is.....

          Everything can be done by GUI on XOA but this is missing, for Homelab. On Enterperise the need certainly is less frequent.
          But then, if you are in the homelab you'll end up in more enterprises as on tests at home and then is hooked 😉

          In my case as you now we went full steam with Vates in our company but at home I'm still 90% on proxmox. And this issue is one of the things keeping me from switching 100%.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • olivierlambertO
            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
            last edited by

            Why googling when it's in the official doc? https://docs.xcp-ng.org/compute/#️-usb-passthrough

            But sure, we'll add it into XO

            M 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 2
            • M
              manilx @olivierlambert
              last edited by

              @olivierlambert Because we (unfortunately) have google burnt in our minds 🤷

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • V
                Virtual @borzel
                last edited by Virtual

                @borzel said in EOL: XCP-ng Center has come to an end:

                Hello XCP-ng Center users,

                Citrix (or Cloud Software Group, Inc.) has ended the open source development of their XenCenter as noted here:

                d42f071f-e4d2-4822-bdbe-3bcda7392022-grafik.png

                With that, for me its basically over, because the XenCenter codebase is the foundation of XCP-ng Center and I can not maintain this huge C# software with my limited time without this code base.

                Today I released a nightly build for you all to test with XCP-ng 8.3 (beta): https://github.com/xcp-ng/xenadmin/releases/tag/v.99.99.99.30
                If all goes well and nothing pops up, this will be the base for the last XCP-ng Center Release 2023.12.

                In the future I want to contribute to the web gui XO Lite, to get as much XCP-ng Center vibes into it, so we have a good alternative to XCP-ng Center soon.

                Here you can follow the XO Lite progress: https://xcp-ng.org/forum/category/24/xo-lite

                Thanks for all the help and feedback!

                alt text

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • michael.manleyM
                  michael.manley XCP-ng Center Team
                  last edited by

                  Hello Everyone!

                  So I wanted to come out and mention that I would like to take over maintainership of XCP-ng Center. I personally use both XO and XCP-ng Center depending on use-case and have an environment with both.

                  I am pretty well versed in C# and have the knowledge of both XAPI and C# to continue its development.

                  I am in the process of taking the current codebase and modernizing it to work with VS 2022, and adding new features (ex. able to create a local ext store)

                  I am willing to talk to the current project maintainers and figure out a switchover plan. I would like not to see XCP-ng Center die, as I am one of the few "Not a webapp fan", I prefer desktop apps when available.

                  Also, let me know what y'all like to see added as well.

                  M AnonabharA borzelB 3 Replies Last reply
                  Reply Quote 7
                  • M
                    manilx @michael.manley
                    last edited by

                    @michael-manley Awesome!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • AnonabharA
                      Anonabhar @michael.manley
                      last edited by

                      @michael-manley Lovely! If you need beta testers, let me know... I use XCP-ng Center quite a bit and would not like to see it die either.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • borzelB
                        borzel XCP-ng Center Team @michael.manley
                        last edited by

                        @michael-manley shure, go for it 🙂 maybe let us talk via private message

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • michael.manleyM
                          michael.manley XCP-ng Center Team
                          last edited by

                          Ok, so it's official! I will be taking over the maintainment of XCP-ng Center. I will have another test build soon with a few added features, and I am looking for a Q2 2024 release.

                          I will add GitHub Actions to automate test builds, so look out for those for future test builds.

                          Glad to continue the legacy of XCP-ng Center, and looking forward to adding useful features to people who prefer it!

                          rizaemet 0R E K M 4 Replies Last reply
                          Reply Quote 16
                          • V
                            Virtual
                            last edited by Virtual

                            alt text

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • splastunovS
                              splastunov
                              last edited by

                              great news! Thank you @michael-manley

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • rizaemet 0R
                                rizaemet 0 @michael.manley
                                last edited by

                                Thank you @michael-manley. This is great news

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • J
                                  john.c
                                  last edited by john.c

                                  @michael-manley Left a response to a request from @gb-123 about relocating user.config from C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming directory. They're interested in enabling xenadmin becoming capable of being placed on a USB flash drive. See the link below for more details.

                                  https://github.com/xcp-ng/xenadmin/issues/221

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • G
                                    gb.123
                                    last edited by

                                    Very excited to receive a wonderful and detailed reply from @michael-manley.

                                    Thanks @michael-manley for taking over the maintenance of XCP-ng Center!

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 1
                                    • E
                                      ermurenz @michael.manley
                                      last edited by

                                      great ! Thank you @michael-manley 👍

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • K
                                        KPS Top contributor @michael.manley
                                        last edited by KPS

                                        @michael-manley
                                        Are you aware of the new Xencenter CVE:
                                        https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX633416/citrix-hypervisor-security-update-for-cve202431497

                                        It would be great, if you could update the putty-component, if it is used.

                                        Edit: XCP-ng-center does not seem to have the putty-plugin

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • M
                                          manilx @michael.manley
                                          last edited by

                                          @michael-manley Does no longer work with latest 8.3 beta....

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • P
                                            Paolo
                                            last edited by

                                            @michael-manley Hi Michael, have you any plan to release a new version working with latest xcp-ng 8.3?

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post