XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Faulty XCP-ng host after update (but only on XO)

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Solved Xen Orchestra
    22 Posts 5 Posters 7.2k Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A
      Affonso @olivierlambert
      last edited by Affonso

      @olivierlambert well the XO instance is connected to the Master, it's not the master node showing this problem.
      As when I rebooted the XO already assumed it was "disconnecting" and "connecting", but I am going to do it manually.

      I have:

      • Rebooted the XO VM
      • Rebooted the XCP node
      • Rebooted the XCP master

      none produced any different result.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • A
        Affonso
        last edited by

        Now I just did as you suggested went to Settings > Severs
        Disabled the master, counted to 10, enabled the master.

        Problem persists. (for a moment I thought it was gone but then I realised I was looking to XOA not XO).

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • olivierlambertO
          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
          last edited by

          You only need to connect to the master, there's no direct connection to other hosts needed. You should only have the master server listed in there, is it the case, right?

          A A 3 Replies Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • A
            Affonso @olivierlambert
            last edited by

            @olivierlambert Yes only one server listed

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • A
              Affonso
              last edited by

              Well since there is no issue when looking at XOA but only on XO, I am going to disregard this issue and wait to see if it resolves by itself until the weekend and if not I'll try and remove this XO build and make a new one.

              Thank you for your suggestions, I'll try and let know how it went.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • A
                Andrew Top contributor @olivierlambert
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert It happens to me too now on XO Source (commit 039d5)... seems to be showing memory usage of ALL VMs in the graph, including guests NOT running. ONLY when you have a single host/pool. The actual memory calculation below the graph looks correct.

                DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • DanpD
                  Danp Pro Support Team @Andrew
                  last edited by

                  @Andrew Same here.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • A
                    Andrew Top contributor @olivierlambert
                    last edited by

                    @olivierlambert @Danp @julien-f
                    Problem cause by XO commit 1718649e0c6e18fd01b6cb3fb3c6f740214decc4

                    julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • julien-fJ
                      julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @Andrew
                      last edited by

                      Thank you everyone, I'm investigating.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olivierlambertO
                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                        last edited by

                        Probably because we used $container in this view before, and it was only the host when the VM was running. Since we changed the logic, it broke that view.

                        julien-fJ 1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • julien-fJ
                          julien-f Vates 🪐 Co-Founder XO Team @olivierlambert
                          last edited by

                          It should be fixed, let me know if there are any other issues 🙂

                          https://github.com/vatesfr/xen-orchestra/commit/9e5541703b25f6533cd94bdd786a716b6f739615

                          A 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 1
                          • A
                            Affonso @julien-f
                            last edited by

                            Alright I updated XO again and the problem is gone.
                            I would just like to comment that unlike described by another user that was only happening on single-node installs, this was happening to me in 2 out 4 nodes in a cluster. Two hosts would show normal, and another two showed glitched.

                            Anyway, SOLVED!

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 1
                            • olivierlambertO olivierlambert marked this topic as a question on
                            • olivierlambertO olivierlambert has marked this topic as solved on

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            • First post
                              Last post