@andyhhp well I took way longer than I said I would, but I promise I still wanna work on this lol.
Here is the link to the thread that shows my crash reports. As a reminder, this crash happened on this host randomly and didn't seem directly related to PCI passthrough, or at least not the driver install part which I was having issues with.
@Andrew Wanted to go ahead and add that it didn't seem slow to me to do the export, it was only 2GB, but still. It did take a bit to ramp up speed though, I got 4.5KB downloaded and then it sat there for a few minutes, but once it started downloading more data it sped up and the whole 2GB download was done in like 1-2 minutes, not crazy fast but not super slow either.
I will try and test this with a bigger VM when I get the chance to see how it behaves.
@Danp I'll do some more digging on this once I have some time and see if I can find anything in the logs. I didn't have a chance to look yesterday when I was working on this.
It might be worth noting that I was trying to setup an S3 remote, not sure if it would happen with another one and maybe it has something to do with timing out (was trying to hook into Backblaze which doesn't seem to be working right either, works fine on all my other machines running TrueNAS and stuff but can't get it connected with XCP-ng, other S3 places like Wasabi and Amazon work fine though).
I'll update this thread with more info once I do some more testing, might have time this weekend but not sure yet, and this is in a production environment, so I do want to be careful about causing potential issues.
So another odd thing I'm seeing with this VDI, it's showing the size incorrectly. It shows 180GB of 180GB used up (on thin provisioned SR, both the old and new are), however the VM is only using 140GB of that 180GB.
Something definitely went wrong with this VDI during transfer, just not sure what.
I will say that I increased the VDI size again and now it displays more accurately, showing 180GB of 185GB used (both in XOA and with vhd-util). Almost behaving as if this was at one point on a thick provisioned SR or something.
Just to avoid issues I'm maybe tempted to create a fresh VHD, copy data to that, then delete this one.