There are two kinds of XCP-ng releases: standard releases and Long Term Support (LTS) releases.
# Standard Releases
Latest: XCP-ng 8.2
Using the standard release is relevant if:
- you want to enjoy the most recent features and enhancements
- you want to have the latest hardware support
- you want to enjoy more performances
- it's not a problem to do an upgrade twice a year or so
Standard releases are supported until the next release, plus a few months to give you some time to transition. Check the support dates in the table below.
If you prefer to be more conservative, go for our LTS release.
Right now, the latest standard release (8.2) is also the LTS release. When XCP-ng 8.3 will be released, it will become the latest standard release, and 8.2 will stay as the latest LTS.
# LTS Releases
Latest LTS: XCP-ng 8.2
Using the Long Term Support version is relevant if:
- you want to be sure the system will stay stable
- you want to have all security fixes without doing major upgrades every year
- you want a predictable migration path on a longer timeframe
- you don't care about new features coming for the next years
LTS releases are supported for 5 years.
If you prefer to get the latest improvements, go for our latest standard release.
# All releases
|Version||Released||Status||Support until||Release notes|
|8.2 LTS||2020-11-18||Full support, LTS||2025-06-25||8.2 Release notes|
|8.1||2020-03-31||Full support||2021-03-31 or release of XCP-ng 8.3, whichever comes first||8.1 Release notes|