Categories

  • All news regarding Xen and XCP-ng ecosystem

    145 Topics
    5k Posts
    olivierlambertO
    Great, thanks for the feedback @yomeyo !
  • Everything related to the virtualization platform

    1k Topics
    15k Posts
    T
    The 9.2.385 release notes list "Fix data corruption issue during in-memory snapshots and backups," with no detail on scope. Two questions before I decide what to do with my Windows VMs: Which XCP-ng tools versions had the bug? Was it only 9.2.350, or does 9.1.x have it too? I just upgraded a VM from 9.1.200 and want to know whether I should re-check older backups of it. Does it affect XenServer VM Tools? I have a Server 2025 VM on XenServer VM Tools 9.6.0 and would rather not swap tool families on it unless the bug applies. Thanks.
  • 3k Topics
    29k Posts
    Tristis OrisT
    Many errors don't explain the cause or lead you down the wrong path. For example: if enabled [image: изображение.jpeg] vm.migrate { "vm": "a6f6d2ec-17fd-338f-16f5-cdbcfa3e23de", "mapVifsNetworks": { "c5825de5-4b88-1794-5381-b9ded8fde08b": "12612d2e-9490-185d-5056-d848db1a754f" }, "migrationNetwork": "d6492be1-f89e-e4fe-f6e0-1cbaad111581", "sr": "43daf4a2-ff01-e974-0db7-bb68765e5f73", "targetHost": "2444db2d-8701-475e-9191-c0b0417b3c51" } { "code": "OPERATION_BLOCKED", "params": [ "OpaqueRef:63424fd1-95b1-8518-9a82-faee73bbd427", "true" ], "task": { "uuid": "9120561b-99a6-6677-6e8a-cd4432410aa1", "name_label": "Async.VM.migrate_send", "name_description": "", "allowed_operations": [], "current_operations": {}, "created": "20260914T09:52:49Z", "finished": "20260914T09:52:49Z", "status": "failure", "resident_on": "OpaqueRef:e455b3a6-4d05-6d86-2f7a-c4cdba26e120", "progress": 1, "type": "<none/>", "result": "", "error_info": [ "OPERATION_BLOCKED", "OpaqueRef:63424fd1-95b1-8518-9a82-faee73bbd427", "true" ], "other_config": {}, "subtask_of": "OpaqueRef:NULL", "subtasks": [], "backtrace": "(((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/xapi_vm_lifecycle.ml)(line 758))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/xapi_vm_helpers.ml)(line 1657))((process xapi)(filename fun.ml)(line 33))((process xapi)(filename fun.ml)(line 38))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/helpers.ml)(line 1825))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/xapi_vm_helpers.ml)(line 1656))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/message_forwarding.ml)(line 2654))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/rbac.ml)(line 228))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/rbac.ml)(line 238))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/server_helpers.ml)(line 78)))" }, "message": "OPERATION_BLOCKED(OpaqueRef:63424fd1-95b1-8518-9a82-faee73bbd427, true)", "name": "XapiError", "stack": "XapiError: OPERATION_BLOCKED(OpaqueRef:63424fd1-95b1-8518-9a82-faee73bbd427, true) at XapiError.wrap (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/_XapiError.mjs:16:12) at default (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/_getTaskResult.mjs:13:29) at Xapi._addRecordToCache (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/index.mjs:1329:24) at file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/index.mjs:1363:14 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at Xapi._processEvents (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/index.mjs:1353:12) at Xapi._watchEvents (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/index.mjs:1560:14)" } VM migration into current pool. vm.migrate { "migrationNetwork": "d6492be1-f89e-e4fe-f6e0-1cbaad111581", "targetHost": "2444db2d-8701-475e-9191-c0b0417b3c51", "vm": "5579297f-c843-9b13-a418-864db48196b5" } { "code": "VM_BAD_POWER_STATE", "params": [ "OpaqueRef:3d062b96-e098-69c3-b77b-db727c06505f", "running", "halted" ], "task": { "uuid": "110cb10e-20c2-b315-d8b9-50cc9b2311d9", "name_label": "Async.VM.pool_migrate", "name_description": "", "allowed_operations": [], "current_operations": {}, "created": "20260910T13:23:08Z", "finished": "20260910T13:23:08Z", "status": "failure", "resident_on": "OpaqueRef:5e55d030-7245-0317-7463-174fc2c81848", "progress": 1, "type": "<none/>", "result": "", "error_info": [ "VM_BAD_POWER_STATE", "OpaqueRef:3d062b96-e098-69c3-b77b-db727c06505f", "running", "halted" ], "other_config": {}, "subtask_of": "OpaqueRef:NULL", "subtasks": [], "backtrace": "(((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/xapi_vm_lifecycle.ml)(line 758))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/xapi_vm_helpers.ml)(line 1657))((process xapi)(filename fun.ml)(line 33))((process xapi)(filename fun.ml)(line 38))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/helpers.ml)(line 1825))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/xapi_vm_helpers.ml)(line 1656))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/message_forwarding.ml)(line 2519))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/rbac.ml)(line 228))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/rbac.ml)(line 238))((process xapi)(filename ocaml/xapi/server_helpers.ml)(line 78)))" }, "message": "VM_BAD_POWER_STATE(OpaqueRef:3d062b96-e098-69c3-b77b-db727c06505f, running, halted)", "name": "XapiError", "stack": "XapiError: VM_BAD_POWER_STATE(OpaqueRef:3d062b96-e098-69c3-b77b-db727c06505f, running, halted) at XapiError.wrap (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/_XapiError.mjs:16:12) at default (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/_getTaskResult.mjs:13:29) at Xapi._addRecordToCache (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/index.mjs:1329:24) at file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/index.mjs:1363:14 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at Xapi._processEvents (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/index.mjs:1353:12) at Xapi._watchEvents (file:///opt/xo/xo-builds/xen-orchestra-202609011557/packages/xen-api/index.mjs:1560:14)" }
  • Our hyperconverged storage solution

    54 Topics
    824 Posts
    J
    @poddingue Turns out it is all secondary-to-secondary out of sync. So that makes it less intense, though if primary dies I wonder how it will resolve this, or if it will become split brained. Still unsure of how it happened, but the ones I manually cleaned up have not come back. Going to continue to manually clear them up. If it happens again I will have an alert setup to notify me, and I have all the xcp-ng logs and everything to be able to see what happened. If that happens I will post here with details and logs for the resource so we can see how it occurs. [image: image.jpeg]
  • 37 Topics
    136 Posts
    J
    @AtaxyaNetwork Merci pour tes recherches ! Oui "cd_label" serait cool comme ajout au plugin ce qui permet sur les distro type Fedora/Redhat de ne pas avoir de boot_command à gérer