XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    XOSTOR on 8.3?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved XOSTOR
    xostorxcp-ng 8.3
    37 Posts 11 Posters 15.7k Views 12 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • DanpD
      Danp Pro Support Team @fatek
      last edited by

      @fatek No. My understanding was that @ronan-a would be publishing another update soon.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • ronan-aR
        ronan-a Vates 🪐 XCP-ng Team @fatek
        last edited by

        @fatek We have to release important fixes before the end of the year concerning problems with the HA which I corrected + other changes on the smapi side. I recently discussed that we should release a stable XOSTOR 8.3 version early next year in order to move forward with important projects regarding smapi v3. But I can't be categorical on a date. We lack user feedback.

        OhSoNoobO 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • OhSoNoobO
          OhSoNoob @ronan-a
          last edited by

          @ronan-a I am very interested in implementing XOSTOR on XCP-NG 8.3 in my production environment. Currently running two nodes but I can expand to 3. How can I help to create a stable release of XOSTOR? I am not a developer but maybe I can provide feedback.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • F
            fatek
            last edited by

            Any updates?

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              It's moving forward, but the priority now is the 2TiB limit.

              D 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • D
                DustinB @olivierlambert
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert does XOStor have the 2TiB limit as well?

                DanpD 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • DanpD
                  Danp Pro Support Team @DustinB
                  last edited by

                  @DustinB Yes

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO
                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                    last edited by

                    As it's using the VHD format, there's no reason to be different. However, it's not impossible we configure it with the new format at some point, but loooong after we entirely validate it before.

                    Anyway, this is coming to 8.3, it's a matter of weeks, at worst before the end of Q1.

                    D TheNorthernLightT 2 Replies Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      DustinB @olivierlambert
                      last edited by

                      @olivierlambert said in XOSTOR on 8.3?:

                      As it's using the VHD format, there's no reason to be different. However, it's not impossible we configure it with the new format at some point, but loooong after we entirely validate it before.

                      Anyway, this is coming to 8.3, it's a matter of weeks, at worst before the end of Q1.

                      Nice, I hadn't realized that, I also don't use XOStor, but still good to know. Also glad to hear this limitation is finally getting moved beyong.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • TheNorthernLightT
                        TheNorthernLight @olivierlambert
                        last edited by

                        @olivierlambert Hello Olivier,

                        Any update on the status of this?

                        F D 2 Replies Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • F
                          fatek @TheNorthernLight
                          last edited by

                          @TheNorthernLight I don't think this is a priority for Vates right now!!

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • D
                            Delgado @TheNorthernLight
                            last edited by

                            @TheNorthernLight, based on this recent blog post: https://xcp-ng.org/blog/2025/03/14/the-future-of-xcp-ng-lts/, I'm assuming it will go GA around or on when 8.3 gets moved into LTS. But that's just a guess.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 2
                            • olivierlambertO
                              olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                              last edited by

                              Yes, our goal is to get it running for the 8.3 LTS.

                              D 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 1
                              • D
                                Dercni @olivierlambert
                                last edited by

                                @olivierlambert

                                Is there an ETA on 8.3 LTS?

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • olivierlambertO
                                  olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                  last edited by

                                  All the details are here: https://xcp-ng.org/blog/2025/03/14/the-future-of-xcp-ng-lts/

                                  There's no more than this at the moment 🙂

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • G
                                    gb.123
                                    last edited by

                                    @olivierlambert
                                    I don't mean to push or ask for an ETA; but since it's been a few months so I was wondering if there is any update on this ?
                                    Waiting eagerly to have XOSTOR on 8.3

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 1
                                    • olivierlambertO
                                      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                      last edited by

                                      It's a matter of days now.

                                      TheNorthernLightT 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 1
                                      • TheNorthernLightT
                                        TheNorthernLight @olivierlambert
                                        last edited by

                                        @olivierlambert said in XOSTOR on 8.3?:

                                        It's a matter of days now.

                                        Eagerly waiting for this...

                                        henri9813H 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • henri9813H
                                          henri9813 @TheNorthernLight
                                          last edited by

                                          Hello, @TheNorthernLight

                                          XOStor is now available in 8.3 since it's LTS 🙂

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olivierlambertO
                                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                            last edited by

                                            Sorry I forgot to publish in here the news: https://xcp-ng.org/blog/2025/06/16/xcp-ng-8-3-is-now-lts/

                                            Indeed, since June the 16th, XOSTOR is available on 8.3 🙂

                                            OhSoNoobO 1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 1

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post