XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Xen Orchestra Lite

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved XO Lite
    71 Posts 22 Posters 83.2k Views 22 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M
      mjtbrady
      last edited by

      The console doesn't work for me either.

      XCP-ng is 8.2.1

      My workstation is Fedora 36 and I have tried both Firefox and Chrome.

      I am connecting to XO-Lite over https so the cert has been accepted.

      I am using the navigation panel on the left to navigate down through the pool -> host -> vm and clicking on the vm. There is no response at all. The main window where I assume the console is supposed to be remains blank.

      Also the link to change the theme that was towards the top left has disappeared so I am stuck in dark mode.

      pdoniasP 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • olivierlambertO
        olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
        last edited by

        The link is on the right now (moon/sun for dark/light theme).

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • pdoniasP
          pdonias Vates πŸͺ XO Team @mjtbrady
          last edited by

          @mjtbrady Could you open your browser console (F12 > Console tab) and check if there's an error message when you open a VM console?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • M
            mjtbrady
            last edited by

            @pdonias

            Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss://10.42.27.25/console?ref=OpaqueRef%3A96c12e00-b160-48c1-8c44-bc06be4af8af&session_id=OpaqueRef%3A5be27bec-a910-4ee6-8beb-f6951a7d7ccc. index.e1f7b30e.js:60:128685
            WebSocket on-error event index.e1f7b30e.js:60:154603
            Failed when connecting: Connection closed (code: 1006) index.e1f7b30e.js:60:157567
                _fail https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:60
                _socketClose https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:60
                onclose https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:60
                (Async: EventHandlerNonNull)
                attach https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:60
                open https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:60
                _connect https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:60
                _updateConnectionState https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:60
                ut https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:60
                setup https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:64
                qi https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                wr https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                d https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                run https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                A https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                Hc https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                _x https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                _x https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                (Async: promise callback)
                fx https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                cx https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                effect https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                _g https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                Td https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                ax https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                effect https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                _g https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                Td https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                ax https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                effect https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                _g https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                Td https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                ax https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                effect https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                _g https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                Td https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                ax https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                effect https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                _g https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                Td https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                ax https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                set value https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                Oe https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:9
                q https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:9
                (Async: promise callback)
                q https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:9
                T https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:9
                l https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:9
                qi https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                wr https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
                n https://lite.xen-orchestra.com/dist/assets/index.e1f7b30e.js:1
            
            
            pdoniasP 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • M
              mjtbrady
              last edited by

              @olivierlambert

              I took that to be an icon associated with the logout. I think that the theme and logout either need to both be text or both be icons or more obviously be separate buttons. Or maybe it is just me.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • pdoniasP
                pdonias Vates πŸͺ XO Team @mjtbrady
                last edited by

                @mjtbrady Did you accept the self-signed certificates by navigating to https://10.42.27.25/ and clicking on Accept? It's important to accept them for all the slave hosts, not only for the master host.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • M
                  mjtbrady
                  last edited by

                  @pdonias

                  That was the problem, but I do not think that it should be.

                  I am browsing to XO Lite using the FQDN of the XCP-ng host and the certificate had been accepted for that. But the console connection being made by XO Lite is to the XCP-ng host IP address.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO
                    olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                    last edited by

                    Yes, Xen API (XAPI) is returning IP addresses only.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 1
                    • B
                      bogdantomasciuc
                      last edited by

                      Indeed, @olivierlambert, that was the issue and it works now. So for whoever has the same issue. First go to the local IP address of the host (NOT to the domain name), accept the certificate and then go to /xolite.html and it will work both with the ip address and the domain name in the address field.
                      Thanx again for clearing things up!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • P
                        pnunn
                        last edited by

                        Hi Guys.

                        Just a note for dumb bums like me... I tried out XO Lite (coming along nicely) but it took be a bit to work out that it needed to be installed on the pool master.

                        I put it onto one of the slaves, and tried to log in, but got no feedback at all, just nothing changed.

                        I eventually looked in the xo logs and found it was complaining about being on the slave not the master.. duh.. when you think about it.. but some feedback in the gui would help πŸ™‚

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • olivierlambertO
                          olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                          last edited by

                          That will be easier when it will be released officially, meaning bundled directly inside all hosts. So the slave will redirect you to the master.

                          M 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • M
                            markxc @olivierlambert
                            last edited by

                            @olivierlambert

                            nice tool πŸ™‚ will there be an option to disable remote google font integration because of GDRP?

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 1
                            • olivierlambertO
                              olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                              last edited by

                              We could probably host the font on our side directly, let me check that internally πŸ™‚

                              ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • ForzaF
                                Forza @olivierlambert
                                last edited by

                                This post is deleted!
                                K 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • K
                                  krakers @Forza
                                  last edited by

                                  @Forza said in Xen Orchestra Lite:

                                  I tried this, but I just get a 403 forbidden, trying to access the pool master from the browser. Do I need to start a webserver or something to get this going?

                                  Use https://
                                  I struggled with the same πŸ™‚

                                  ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • ForzaF
                                    Forza @krakers
                                    last edited by

                                    @krakers Thanks. I realised this eventually πŸ˜ƒ

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • ajpri1998A
                                      ajpri1998
                                      last edited by

                                      I've noticed that the UI defaults to French. After signing in, I can change the language to English. Can we get an option for default language or change the language on the login screen?

                                      Great work so far!

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olivierlambertO
                                        olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                                        last edited by

                                        Is your browser in French? But yes, we can probably store a local cookie on your preferred language πŸ™‚ Adding @pdonias to this.

                                        pdoniasP 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • pdoniasP
                                          pdonias Vates πŸͺ XO Team @olivierlambert
                                          last edited by

                                          @olivierlambert Yes, we'll store it in a cookie eventually. In the meantime, I'm changing the default language to English as it was probably a mistake to set it to French in the first place πŸ™‚

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olivierlambertO
                                            olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                                            last edited by olivierlambert

                                            haha indeed it's a mistake, I thought it was because my browser is in French πŸ˜†

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0
                                            • M Mandrake0 referenced this topic on

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post