XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    Xen Orchestra Lite

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved XO Lite
    71 Posts 22 Posters 83.3k Views 22 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • olivierlambertO
      olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
      last edited by

      That will be easier when it will be released officially, meaning bundled directly inside all hosts. So the slave will redirect you to the master.

      M 1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • M
        markxc @olivierlambert
        last edited by

        @olivierlambert

        nice tool 🙂 will there be an option to disable remote google font integration because of GDRP?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • olivierlambertO
          olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
          last edited by

          We could probably host the font on our side directly, let me check that internally 🙂

          ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • ForzaF
            Forza @olivierlambert
            last edited by

            This post is deleted!
            K 1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • K
              krakers @Forza
              last edited by

              @Forza said in Xen Orchestra Lite:

              I tried this, but I just get a 403 forbidden, trying to access the pool master from the browser. Do I need to start a webserver or something to get this going?

              Use https://
              I struggled with the same 🙂

              ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • ForzaF
                Forza @krakers
                last edited by

                @krakers Thanks. I realised this eventually 😃

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • ajpri1998A
                  ajpri1998
                  last edited by

                  I've noticed that the UI defaults to French. After signing in, I can change the language to English. Can we get an option for default language or change the language on the login screen?

                  Great work so far!

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • olivierlambertO
                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                    last edited by

                    Is your browser in French? But yes, we can probably store a local cookie on your preferred language 🙂 Adding @pdonias to this.

                    pdoniasP 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • pdoniasP
                      pdonias Vates 🪐 XO Team @olivierlambert
                      last edited by

                      @olivierlambert Yes, we'll store it in a cookie eventually. In the meantime, I'm changing the default language to English as it was probably a mistake to set it to French in the first place 🙂

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • olivierlambertO
                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                        last edited by olivierlambert

                        haha indeed it's a mistake, I thought it was because my browser is in French 😆

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • M Mandrake0 referenced this topic on
                        • L
                          luca steinke
                          last edited by

                          Will it be possible to log in to XOLite via XOA local users at some point or will only root/admin be supported?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • olivierlambertO
                            olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                            last edited by

                            XO Lite is talking to XAPI directly, so it's not related to XO users. But I'm not sure to understand what do you need exactly? 🤔

                            L 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 1
                            • L
                              luca steinke @olivierlambert
                              last edited by

                              @olivierlambert well when XOA is down and we need to restart it, it'd be nice if we could log in with another user. Is there any way to create XAPI users which can use XOLite then?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • olivierlambertO
                                olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                last edited by

                                I suppose you might create another PAM user (so system user) but I never tried myself 🤔 Feel free to experiment and keep me posted 🙂

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • A
                                  alisonD
                                  last edited by

                                  Good day, I am not sure if it's worth upping back this old thread, however I find myself in a cumbersome situation.
                                  I have recently acquired a Protectly device, VP46**, and this device seems to be playing nice with XCP-NG, but with the latest version which is an alpha version - for Intel drivers.
                                  This alpha comes with the latest version of XOA lite which is ... well as indicated above, kind of alpha as well.
                                  Is there a way to have a functional XOA - let alone lite - to be able to create VM ?
                                  Oh and unfortunately yes, I am using Firefox. Thank you !

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 0
                                  • olivierlambertO
                                    olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                    last edited by

                                    You can run XOA running on your XCP-ng host without issue. XO Lite VM creation is planned but for later.

                                    A 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • A
                                      alisonD @olivierlambert
                                      last edited by

                                      @olivierlambert Thank you, so your go-to suggestion is to create a VM through CLI and setup XOA there ? Or there is something I missed in the setup ? I simply connected via the browser to the XCP-NG instance, via Firefox, and only got the lite alpha version.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olivierlambertO
                                        olivierlambert Vates 🪐 Co-Founder CEO
                                        last edited by

                                        You don't need to create a VM manually to get XOA, you can just deploy it 🙂 Eg https://vates.tech/deploy/

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • S
                                          SteamMatthew
                                          last edited by SteamMatthew

                                          I look forward to the official 8.3 release (updating XOA every week from source and updating patches once released), I understand 8.3 it's not LTS but for a Home Lab. It's even more eye catching in terms of a lite UI to see and manage VMs as an alternative to managing a pool from XOA (plus sweet looking designs). Sometimes I’ve mistakenly stopped XOA along with other VMs on a host to quickly apply updates (faster for me to get things done) and having lite would make it easy to be back up and running.

                                          The biggest ask is to have an external console window in XOA, which I believe has already been merged for lite. Easier viewing of consoles, sometimes with it being embedded in the same window. My text inputs for media searches for an ISO to mount doesn't always register, creating challenges for ensuring my inputs are being directed properly.

                                          I've been a fan of XCP-ng to run virtual VMs for my own projects. Thank you.

                                          Keep up the great work.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 1
                                          • olivierlambertO olivierlambert moved this topic from Xen Orchestra on
                                          • M
                                            modir
                                            last edited by

                                            Is there a web page with a list of features which are already implemented in XO Lite and with a list of features that are planned next?

                                            Marc.pezinM 1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post