Categories

  • All news regarding Xen and XCP-ng ecosystem

    146 Topics
    5k Posts
    J
    @acebmxer Can you suspend the vm ? If its not possible its most likely a kernel thing inside the vm. If you can suspend the vm however, it points more to a timing/timeout issue with the migration.
  • Everything related to the virtualization platform

    1k Topics
    15k Posts
    Q
    Wondering if we can get a patch pushed for xcp-ng that will add the new timezone rules for Alberta, BC, Manitoba? The tzdata 2026e version has all the new rules but our hosts report they are still on older version and xen orchestra shows no patches available after I recently checked for and applied all available updates to 8.3. https://github.com/xcp-ng/xcp/issues/851 ]# rpm -q tzdata tzdata-2024a-1.el7.noarch IANA database version 2026e release now supports these new DST changes https://www.iana.org/time-zones/releases/2026e https://lists.iana.org/hyperkitty/list/tz-announce@iana.org/thread/VXIA4AU73OQL3OZ3ZBZHWIASIIVBGUJV/ Please bump up the latest patch to the 2026e or later database to support the new rules. 2026e: Manitoba moves to permanent -05 on 2026-10-31. 2026d: Canada’s Northwest Territories moved to permanent -06 on 2026-08-21 2026c: Alberta moved to permanent -06 on 2026-06-18. Morocco moves to permanent +00 on 2026-09-20. 2026b: British Columbia moved to permanent -07 on 2026-03-09.
  • 3k Topics
    29k Posts
    B
    @bvitnik ansible-pull mechanism is in today's day and age effectively deprecated. Really? I see evidence that the CLI command is, or will be deprecated (here), but the "mechanism" still remains, correct? The cloud-init docs still direct to examples (ref) such as: #cloud-config ansible: package_name: ansible-core install_method: pip pull: - url: https://github.com/holmanb/vmboot.git playbook_names: [ubuntu.yml, watermark.yml] What is not entirely clear is when this will be executed... but perhaps your advice to to apply the KISS principle to cloud-init just makes that irrelevant. Time to learn some basic Ansible and experiment! Thanks again!
  • Our hyperconverged storage solution

    54 Topics
    824 Posts
    J
    @poddingue Turns out it is all secondary-to-secondary out of sync. So that makes it less intense, though if primary dies I wonder how it will resolve this, or if it will become split brained. Still unsure of how it happened, but the ones I manually cleaned up have not come back. Going to continue to manually clear them up. If it happens again I will have an alert setup to notify me, and I have all the xcp-ng logs and everything to be able to see what happened. If that happens I will post here with details and logs for the resource so we can see how it occurs. [image: image.jpeg]
  • 37 Topics
    136 Posts
    J
    @AtaxyaNetwork Merci pour tes recherches ! Oui "cd_label" serait cool comme ajout au plugin ce qui permet sur les distro type Fedora/Redhat de ne pas avoir de boot_command à gérer