Subcategories

  • VMs, hosts, pools, networks and all other usual management tasks.

    491 Topics
    4k Posts
    poddingueP
    I tried this on my lab (with XO 6.9.1), moving the pool master to the other host with xe pool-designate-new-master and then back. XO stayed connected both times and picked up the new master, even though Settings > Servers still showed the old host's address; on the way back it took a minute or two to catch up. I didn't test 6.2.2, and I used the CLI rather than the XO 5 Advanced tab, so my guess that your older version is the difference is only a guess. For the XVA, I'm not aware of release notes for the appliance image itself: it updates itself after import, and the notes that exist are per XO version, in the monthly blog post and the changelog, both linked from https://docs.xen-orchestra.com/getting-started/releases#release-cadence-and-channels . How often the downloadable XVA gets rebuilt I don't know, so the 2025.12 tag may just be the date of the base image, but I'd rather ask than guess.
  • ACLs, Self-service, Cloud-init, Load balancing...

    106 Topics
    870 Posts
    D
    I ran into the same problem with DR replicas. Ignoring VMs by tag would solve the problem, but so would excluding the ip address information.
  • All XO backup features: full and incremental, replication, mirrors...

    538 Topics
    6k Posts
    J
    Hi! We recieved a fix via the support after opening a ticket as suggested. Now the pool metadata backup is running smoothly again. As far as i know 6.9 will become "stable" after 6.10 is released. I'd still suggest a patch for the stable version, unless the new release is a few days. Best wishes Jacob
  • Everything related to Xen Orchestra's REST API

    88 Topics
    654 Posts
    poddingueP
    Pretty cool, @samuelolavo, thanks for clarifying!
  • Terraform, Packer or any tool to do IaC

    53 Topics
    494 Posts
    nathanael-hN
    Hello there, I posted in another thread an experimental Docker containers integration, not for production, but good enough to test it, see https://xcp-ng.org/forum/topic/12423/bringing-container-visibility-back-to-xo/9?_=1791618850567
  • Developing XenOrchestra

    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    649 Views
    olivierlambertO
    It's Javascript, so there's no really mandatory tools: Any text editor supporting editor config for basic rules formatting is a good start A GitHub account Same recommendation for the dev env than running XO from the sources: NodeJS 8 and yarn That's pretty much it.
  • Error When Creating VM

    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    olivierlambertO
    Try to remove the source folder and reinstall it. Please try following the official documentation: https://xen-orchestra.com/docs/from_the_sources.html
  • Int Error when trying delta backups in XO

    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    3k Views
    DanpD
    Use FreeBSD instead of FreeNAS Avoid JPE
  • Auto Power ON says Invalid Parameters

    Solved
    21
    1
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    7k Views
    M
    @cg it works on restored VMs from pre-fix backups. I haven't tested post fix backups yet. However, it also works on newly installed VMs.
  • Seem to have lost a host along the way.

    1
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Xen Orchestra Webpage not working correctly via Netscaler

    Solved
    7
    1
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    G
    Thanks for your help @olivierlambert After Enabling the Websockets everything works now. The Webpage is now display correctly without any issues.
  • XOA import script failing silently

    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    olivierlambertO
    Hi! The new standard way to import is here: https://xen-orchestra.com/#!/xoa Let me know if you have any issue. It's still in beta yet, and we got one small issue to fix (it won't fetch the XO username/password, so it's still admin@admin.net / admin)
  • What is miss in XO and What i like and What I like to have ;-)

    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    798 Views
    A
    THX Oliver I will try it soon more like XO-CLI
  • XOSAN - few questions :)

    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    olivierlambertO
    Technically everything is possible (even adding disk) but not with the XOSAN UI. If you want more flexibility, I suggest you wait for XOSANv2.
  • Migrate VM with a private network to another host.

    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    olivierlambertO
    Advanced tab of the VM view, "Start on…" button. Cross server private network will be a Xen Orchestra plugin for our next release.
  • After started CR backup I cannot open XOA web page

    5
    1
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    julien-fJ
    @olivierlambert If you're talking about the merge, yes it's done in separate threads.
  • Continous replication - testing - start replicated VM

    2
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    620 Views
    olivierlambertO
    That's normal. If you boot the replicated VMs, then blocks will be changed. It mean no further delta replication will work on this VM. Force boot it if you lost the original VM and you don't care about delta toward the copy anymore. If you just want to test the VM without doing a new full (breaking the delta chain), boot with a copy. I think I explained that in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUqIwT8KzI That's a display glitch.
  • Wrong time on XOA

    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    olivierlambertO
    It's tzdata
  • host.call_plugin?

    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    olivierlambertO
    It's everytime a XAPI plugin is called. Eg the update plugin is called regularly and there is other plugins. So it's OK
  • Error when migrate with XOA

    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    olivierlambertO
    Ah yes, when you migrate, unmount your CD drive, sometimes it causes issues!
  • This topic is deleted!

    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2 Views
    No one has replied
  • Importing VMs all with same mac-address

    Moved
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    ?
    @borzel sweet.
  • This topic is deleted!

    1
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    4 Views
    No one has replied
  • "Cannot GET /" Error after update

    11
    1
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    P
    In case someone ran into the same problem here is how I solved it. I had a feeling this was http mounts issue. I checked and looks like during update process the .xo-server.toml got deleted. I copied the sample one from the /opt/xen-orchestra/packages/xo-server/sample.config.toml , edited the http.mount and bob's your uncle. I have a feeling this has something to do with the format of that file change. When I originally built from source the file has a slightly different syntax and it was called .xo-server.yaml. At least according tot he directions I used to build. In any case its all back to normal now. Thanks you everyone for your help.
  • Try to import .ova

    26
    0 Votes
    26 Posts
    13k Views
    olivierlambertO
    Thanks, this way we'll have a way to understand what's wrong with this OVA, if it's something really specific or a VMWare way to make something we didn't expected