XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    279 Posts 55 Posters 137.1k Views 45 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • P
      ph7 @pdonias
      last edited by

      @pdonias

      Are you in UTC+1? This one might simply be because the VM's name shows the UTC time while, in the tables, we convert dates to your actual timezone.

      Yes, I'm in CET, UTC+1 and 24h
      Yes the Cont.Rep. VMs show UTC. During summertime, it was 2h off.
      Its just cosmetics, not "urgent", but still in AM/PM

      These are also still in AM/PM

      • Snapshots
      • backup jobs that run the Sequences schedule
      • The next run in job-schedule
      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • P
        ph7
        last edited by

        Commit 035ee in dashboard
        I'm not sure if it's a good idea to show a Backup issue every time a Cont.rep. job is run

        783f1116-1bd3-4516-9997-dbcb2d542d8c-image.png

        It would be more or less a static feature for somebody who run Cont rep frequently. and as a consequence won't react when a proper alert should be displayed

        pdoniasP 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • D
          dcskinner @olivierlambert
          last edited by

          @olivierlambert I may be a rarity in IT these days, but for most apps, I use Light Mode. v5 was good. I think the blue sidebar and gray top bar made it workable. v6 is painfully white. I'm not fond of the purple on black Dark Mode either. If we could just make the screen less bright than the sun, Light Mode would be great.

          In a few places the grid column headers aren't really differentiated from the rest of the grid. For example, at the XOA level in the Pools tab. It looks like the first pool is called "Pool" when that is the column header. Maybe use the light purple that you have for the selected tab above?

          Overall, I'm really liking the new interface.

          Thanks!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • X
            XCP-ng-JustGreat
            last edited by

            This post is deleted!
            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • P
              ph7
              last edited by

              I run these kinds of backup jobs

              • Full Backup x2
              • Delta backup
              • Continuous Replication
              • XO Config and Metadata

              In ContRep, Conf/meta and in one of the Full Backup jobs I get Report when Never
              5afa6b9b-8502-469d-ae1a-8948f52639ec-image.png

              But they are enabled in XO5 with mail address and Report when Skipped and failure
              2f6e166c-cfd6-4182-bb5e-1b79bc040a81-image.png

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • cmoriartyC
                cmoriarty
                last edited by

                I use the "VM notes" feature in XO 5 for lots of things, and I appreciate having the markdown capability. It seems now these VM Notes are stuffed into a small "Description" field inside the "Quick Info" panel for a VM.

                Currently in XO 6, it looks like my notes are getting truncated in this new description field, are there plans to preserve the "VM Notes" functionality? Or should I be backing them up now before I lose them?

                ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • ForzaF
                  Forza @cmoriarty
                  last edited by

                  @cmoriarty said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

                  I use the "VM notes" feature in XO 5 for lots of things, and I appreciate having the markdown capability. It seems now these VM Notes are stuffed into a small "Description" field inside the "Quick Info" panel for a VM.

                  Currently in XO 6, it looks like my notes are getting truncated in this new description field, are there plans to preserve the "VM Notes" functionality? Or should I be backing them up now before I lose them?

                  Me too. They serve as important info, documentation, and other bits of info that needs to be quickly on-hand.

                  What I would like to add is a way to upload images and include them in the Markdown.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • pdoniasP
                    pdonias Vates πŸͺ XO Team @ph7
                    last edited by

                    @ph7 said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

                    I'm not sure if it's a good idea to show a Backup issue every time a Cont.rep. job is run

                    Thanks for the feedback, we'll fix that!

                    @XCP-ng-JustGreat said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

                    However, the periodic console refresh interrupts the performing of actual work

                    We'll investigate that issue, thanks for the report.

                    @ph7 said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

                    In ContRep, Conf/meta and in one of the Full Backup jobs I get Report when Never. But they are enabled in XO5 with mail address and Report when Skipped and failure

                    This definitely looks like a bug, we'll check that, thanks again!

                    @cmoriarty said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

                    It seems now these VM Notes are stuffed into a small "Description" field inside the "Quick Info" panel for a VM.

                    Notes and descriptions are 2 separate things. We haven't added notes in XO 6 yet, but don't worry, we will! And XO 5 and XO 6 will be available side by side until XO 6 is fully usable, so you're not going to lose your notes, no need to back them up πŸ™‚

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • olivierlambertO
                      olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                      last edited by

                      FYI, we are adding a more structured way to get your feedback on missing features that you consider the most important: https://feedback.vates.tech

                      You can sign in with your email or via your Github or Discord account.

                      P 1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • P
                        Pilow @olivierlambert
                        last edited by

                        @olivierlambert nice, better than megathreads ! πŸ˜ƒ added my first TAG demand on it

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 1
                        • K
                          Kptainflintt
                          last edited by

                          Hi,

                          Just pulled the last commit and see that v6 become the "default" endpoint.

                          Unfortunatly, I have to rollback, any user can connect, SSO (oidc) is broken, I think it's not fully implemented yet ?

                          callback URL give a "Internal Server Error"; adding "/v5" make a loop with login screen...

                          There is any trick to diable v6 by default ? Or make OIDC works ?

                          Thank you and have a good day

                          MathieuRAM 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 0
                          • MathieuRAM
                            MathieuRA Vates πŸͺ XO Team @Kptainflintt
                            last edited by

                            @Kptainflintt Please provide us the XO-server log that concerns the connection error, authentication is supposed to work as before.

                            K 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 0
                            • K
                              Kptainflintt @MathieuRA
                              last edited by

                              @MathieuRA

                              Hi,

                              That's the wired thing, no error in logs...

                              But I found why : I have "profile" scope in my OIDC configuration for a while, it seems to broke SSO in last version. Without it, it works.

                              Thank you

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 1
                              • S
                                skipthompson81
                                last edited by

                                Subject: XO 6 is unusable without Migration tools

                                I just updated and was presented with the XO 6 interface. I am shocked to find that the "Migrate" functionality is missing from the UI.

                                Moving a VM is the most fundamental feature of a hypervisor management tool. Making an interface the defaultβ€”or even presenting it as a viable previewβ€”without this feature is a major workflow breaker. I shouldn't have to revert to the CLI or hunt for a "legacy view" toggle just to perform basic maintenance.

                                Please prioritize porting the migration/lifecycle actions before pushing users toward this interface. It makes the product feel broken.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • olivierlambertO
                                  olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                                  last edited by

                                  Hi @skipthompson81

                                  Have you read the release announcement? You can upvote your most important features at https://feedback.vates.tech

                                  S 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • S
                                    skipthompson81 @olivierlambert
                                    last edited by

                                    @olivierlambert i voted. thanks

                                    M 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 1
                                    • M
                                      manilx @skipthompson81
                                      last edited by manilx

                                      Just did my RPU and checked on the new v6 interface.
                                      The old one has task details that are missing on the new one (or I didn't find them:

                                      ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 09.36.54.png
                                      ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 09.37.00.png

                                      I like to see the evacuation tasks happening (in the past I could identify hangs etc)

                                      Here instead of the ID of the VM host the real names should be shown:
                                      ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 09.55.11.png

                                      M 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • M
                                        manilx @manilx
                                        last edited by

                                        As shown above the evacuation tasks are not shown.
                                        The last steps migrating thre VM's to the original place are shown:
                                        ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 09.56.44.png

                                        M 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • M
                                          manilx @manilx
                                          last edited by

                                          Also here the task progression can't be followed (stays at 0% until completed):
                                          ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 10.01.37.png
                                          instead of
                                          ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 10.01.28.png

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 1
                                          • K
                                            kubuntu-newbie
                                            last edited by

                                            I can't seem to find User settings to change admin name/password or configure filters. and they are not in the obvious place - account settings in top right corner.

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post