XCP-ng
    • Categories
    • Recent
    • Tags
    • Popular
    • Users
    • Groups
    • Register
    • Login

    πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Xen Orchestra
    279 Posts 55 Posters 138.8k Views 45 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • P
      ph7
      last edited by

      I run these kinds of backup jobs

      • Full Backup x2
      • Delta backup
      • Continuous Replication
      • XO Config and Metadata

      In ContRep, Conf/meta and in one of the Full Backup jobs I get Report when Never
      5afa6b9b-8502-469d-ae1a-8948f52639ec-image.png

      But they are enabled in XO5 with mail address and Report when Skipped and failure
      2f6e166c-cfd6-4182-bb5e-1b79bc040a81-image.png

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • cmoriartyC
        cmoriarty
        last edited by

        I use the "VM notes" feature in XO 5 for lots of things, and I appreciate having the markdown capability. It seems now these VM Notes are stuffed into a small "Description" field inside the "Quick Info" panel for a VM.

        Currently in XO 6, it looks like my notes are getting truncated in this new description field, are there plans to preserve the "VM Notes" functionality? Or should I be backing them up now before I lose them?

        ForzaF 1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 1
        • ForzaF
          Forza @cmoriarty
          last edited by

          @cmoriarty said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

          I use the "VM notes" feature in XO 5 for lots of things, and I appreciate having the markdown capability. It seems now these VM Notes are stuffed into a small "Description" field inside the "Quick Info" panel for a VM.

          Currently in XO 6, it looks like my notes are getting truncated in this new description field, are there plans to preserve the "VM Notes" functionality? Or should I be backing them up now before I lose them?

          Me too. They serve as important info, documentation, and other bits of info that needs to be quickly on-hand.

          What I would like to add is a way to upload images and include them in the Markdown.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • pdoniasP
            pdonias Vates πŸͺ XO Team @ph7
            last edited by

            @ph7 said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

            I'm not sure if it's a good idea to show a Backup issue every time a Cont.rep. job is run

            Thanks for the feedback, we'll fix that!

            @XCP-ng-JustGreat said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

            However, the periodic console refresh interrupts the performing of actual work

            We'll investigate that issue, thanks for the report.

            @ph7 said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

            In ContRep, Conf/meta and in one of the Full Backup jobs I get Report when Never. But they are enabled in XO5 with mail address and Report when Skipped and failure

            This definitely looks like a bug, we'll check that, thanks again!

            @cmoriarty said in πŸ›°οΈ XO 6: dedicated thread for all your feedback!:

            It seems now these VM Notes are stuffed into a small "Description" field inside the "Quick Info" panel for a VM.

            Notes and descriptions are 2 separate things. We haven't added notes in XO 6 yet, but don't worry, we will! And XO 5 and XO 6 will be available side by side until XO 6 is fully usable, so you're not going to lose your notes, no need to back them up πŸ™‚

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • olivierlambertO
              olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
              last edited by

              FYI, we are adding a more structured way to get your feedback on missing features that you consider the most important: https://feedback.vates.tech

              You can sign in with your email or via your Github or Discord account.

              P 1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 1
              • P
                Pilow @olivierlambert
                last edited by

                @olivierlambert nice, better than megathreads ! πŸ˜ƒ added my first TAG demand on it

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 1
                • K
                  Kptainflintt
                  last edited by

                  Hi,

                  Just pulled the last commit and see that v6 become the "default" endpoint.

                  Unfortunatly, I have to rollback, any user can connect, SSO (oidc) is broken, I think it's not fully implemented yet ?

                  callback URL give a "Internal Server Error"; adding "/v5" make a loop with login screen...

                  There is any trick to diable v6 by default ? Or make OIDC works ?

                  Thank you and have a good day

                  MathieuRAM 1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • MathieuRAM
                    MathieuRA Vates πŸͺ XO Team @Kptainflintt
                    last edited by

                    @Kptainflintt Please provide us the XO-server log that concerns the connection error, authentication is supposed to work as before.

                    K 1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • K
                      Kptainflintt @MathieuRA
                      last edited by

                      @MathieuRA

                      Hi,

                      That's the wired thing, no error in logs...

                      But I found why : I have "profile" scope in my OIDC configuration for a while, it seems to broke SSO in last version. Without it, it works.

                      Thank you

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 1
                      • S
                        skipthompson81
                        last edited by

                        Subject: XO 6 is unusable without Migration tools

                        I just updated and was presented with the XO 6 interface. I am shocked to find that the "Migrate" functionality is missing from the UI.

                        Moving a VM is the most fundamental feature of a hypervisor management tool. Making an interface the defaultβ€”or even presenting it as a viable previewβ€”without this feature is a major workflow breaker. I shouldn't have to revert to the CLI or hunt for a "legacy view" toggle just to perform basic maintenance.

                        Please prioritize porting the migration/lifecycle actions before pushing users toward this interface. It makes the product feel broken.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0
                        • olivierlambertO
                          olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                          last edited by

                          Hi @skipthompson81

                          Have you read the release announcement? You can upvote your most important features at https://feedback.vates.tech

                          S 1 Reply Last reply
                          Reply Quote 1
                          • S
                            skipthompson81 @olivierlambert
                            last edited by

                            @olivierlambert i voted. thanks

                            M 1 Reply Last reply
                            Reply Quote 1
                            • M
                              manilx @skipthompson81
                              last edited by manilx

                              Just did my RPU and checked on the new v6 interface.
                              The old one has task details that are missing on the new one (or I didn't find them:

                              ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 09.36.54.png
                              ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 09.37.00.png

                              I like to see the evacuation tasks happening (in the past I could identify hangs etc)

                              Here instead of the ID of the VM host the real names should be shown:
                              ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 09.55.11.png

                              M 1 Reply Last reply
                              Reply Quote 0
                              • M
                                manilx @manilx
                                last edited by

                                As shown above the evacuation tasks are not shown.
                                The last steps migrating thre VM's to the original place are shown:
                                ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 09.56.44.png

                                M 1 Reply Last reply
                                Reply Quote 0
                                • M
                                  manilx @manilx
                                  last edited by

                                  Also here the task progression can't be followed (stays at 0% until completed):
                                  ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 10.01.37.png
                                  instead of
                                  ScreenShot 2025-12-19 at 10.01.28.png

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Reply Quote 1
                                  • K
                                    kubuntu-newbie
                                    last edited by

                                    I can't seem to find User settings to change admin name/password or configure filters. and they are not in the obvious place - account settings in top right corner.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Reply Quote 0
                                    • G
                                      Greg_E
                                      last edited by

                                      Trying not to be negative, but I hate having to jump back to v5 to get things done.

                                      olivierlambertO 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Reply Quote 0
                                      • olivierlambertO
                                        olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO @Greg_E
                                        last edited by

                                        @Greg_E This is only until we get more features directly into XO 6. Our goal was th get feedback ASAP without waiting again for months and something entirely finished (to finally realize it's not the right way and lose another year).

                                        If you don't want to test XO 6 and report what's missing first for you, you can configure your instance to be on XO 5 by default and switch later πŸ™‚

                                        G 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Reply Quote 0
                                        • G
                                          Greg_E @olivierlambert
                                          last edited by

                                          @olivierlambert

                                          The odd part is that I'm happy with XO Lite, so not sure why 6 is causing me problems other than needing g to jump back to 5. I only have one XO new enough to be updated, I guess I need to update my lab since I'm in it a lot lately and come up with more productive comments for the team. The switch just immediately shocked me in a way that it shouldn't have done being that I've been using Lite to try and get ready.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Reply Quote 0
                                          • olivierlambertO
                                            olivierlambert Vates πŸͺ Co-Founder CEO
                                            last edited by

                                            That's also because XO Lite is replacing basically "nothing before", while XO 5 is 10y full of features that we can't all re-implement at once in XO 6 πŸ™‚

                                            1 Reply Last reply
                                            Reply Quote 0

                                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                            With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                            Register Login
                                            • First post
                                              Last post